St. Dorotheus of Gaza - Saints & Angels - Catholic Online

St. Dorotheus of Gaza - Saints & Angels - Catholic Online



St. Dorotheus of Gaza, Presbyter, (like a bishop) lived in a cave, doing penance. My ministry was to other monks and priests. The granddaughter of the Spaniard, St. Melania the Great, Melania the younger once gave me five hundred solidi. I shared the funds with the other brothers. I kept three solidi. The rest I gave to another anchorite, Diocles, to distribute to those needy. Feastday June 5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WOMEN SAINTS AND MARTYRS SEPT. 05 - SEPT. 11

Bls. Marie Magdalen Desjardin and Marie Louise Vanot, Roman Catholic Nuns and Martyrs. Ursuline martyrs of the French Revolution. She was guillotined in Valenciennes with Marie Louise Vanot. In religion, Marie Magdalen was called Marie-Augustine. Marie Louise was called Natalie. Feast day is October 17th.

It's Time to Talk About Postpartum - Crisis Magazine